Saturday, December 5, 2009

A Word For My Daughters

A WORD FOR MY DAUGHTERS



First let me say that I am sharing this as a mother by biblical standards. The Word says that older women are to teach the younger women and so it is with this heart that I am addressing this very sensitive topic.

4That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, 5To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.Titus 2: 4-5

Being in online ministry for just over three years I have seen many photographs beside peoples name and some sites permit photos to be posted also.


The Lord is saying, women of God you are beautiful and are My daughters. As one of My daughters I would have you to dress as one of My chosen ones for this hour. You represent Me and I am your Father. I approve of you and you do not need the approval of man. God is saying that you need to dress accordingly in representing Him.


Many have posted wonderful photos of themselves and their families and they are beautiful!! There are some who have used their photos as avatars and a few are provocative in nature and we as women of God need to use wisdom in how we dress. We do not want to be a stumbling block to others. The Word says that a woman of God is to dress modestly. You need to come before the Lord and ask Him if you dress modestly or if there are some things that He would have you to change. We are in this world but not of it. Let us all come up to the standard of the Word of God and dress for our soon coming King. Pray that you would glorify the Lord in how you dress each day, dress for Him and in doing so you will be pleasing to the eye of others.

Please know my heart of love for you and that God is not finished with any of us yet. Whatever we do let us do it for His glory and draw attention to Jesus the author and finisher of our faith.