Sunday, September 9, 2012

The Bright And Morning Star

SPEAKING TO THE GLORY OF THE LORD
Donna Raphael
www.heavensthunder.org


THE BRIGHT AND MORNING STAR


Revelation 22:

16  I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches.  I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

 

Last night was a very stormy one.  Heavy clouds rolled in bringing downpours of rain,  high winds, and much thunder and lightning.  The darkness of the night was deepened by the heavy cloud cover.    Even my youngest daughter who is normally undaunted by such things commented that she was uncomfortable with the total darkness and unsettling weather.  I stayed awake waiting and praying for my husband to make it home through the rough weather.  When he came in, he told me the storms had moved through our area and the rain had stopped.  I felt such relief and lay down listening to worship music.  As I glanced out my bedroom window, I was pleasantly surprised to see a very bright star shining in the eastern sky.  It was close to dawn so I knew I was looking at Venus, the morning star.   Such gladness and joy filled my heart at the sight of that beautiful light shining so brightly through the darkness of the night to herald the dawning of the new day.  And this is the message I heard and pass on: 

 

In the deep darkness of your stormy night, watch for the rising of the Morning Star.  He comes suddenly but surely to signal the dawning of the new day.  If you are faithful to be awake and watching in the fourth watch, you shall surely see Him come and meet Him with great joy and gladness. Singing and dancing you shall rise and go forth in the glory of His light.

 

Isaiah 60:

Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the Lord is risen upon thee.

2 For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the Lord shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee.

3 And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.