The Hour of the Watch
by Prophet Phyllis Ford
As prayer begins to take center stage in the midst of the hour that we have approached, I believe that we are probably standing at the most important time of release that we will receive from the Lord. Prayer is key to obtaining the secret anointing oil in these last days. We will need it more than ever during this month. The ability to hear God, find out where we need to be and how we need to get there is a priority now. The best vehicle to help us understand as we navigate through trouble times will be found in our (GPS) God’s Prayer System. Through that layered system of prayer, our watching before Him and our receiving the times of refreshing many things will become clear, revealed and properly discerned. Our understanding will increase as our love deepens for the Lord with whom we fellowship and receive counsel.
Utilizing our GPS will become the most effective way to replenish what we are missing. It will strengthen areas of us where we lack the ability/wisdom in a matter. It is definitely a door we must enter into, in order to understand what is going around us. If we lack discipline in our life, in the future it might determine whether we will overcome the perils of tomorrow or succumb to the challenges of the day. We are approaching the new day and there are many challenges before us, it is the time that we utilize even brandish key weapons and strategies that the work of God may be accomplished in us.
God wants us, unconditionally, not on our time, but on His time. It's important for us to be what He has called us to be--The walk, the calling, gifting’s are all being fine-tuned now as we press in before His presence---His Heart is to prepare us for this next hour. We are turning a major corner and we will now see God’s wisdom activated in us (that was already there) come alive so that we may walk purposefully. Much to be done—and the clock is ticking. What we are looking for in areas of manifestation has so much to do with us and what are we doing. Will we prepare? Will we get ready? Is what we are doing lining up with what we are expecting God to do for us?
The Hour of the Watch
The Lord spoke in me that in this month of December that we have now entered into the hour of the watch—when the watch in times of prayer before Him can be extremely significance but also powerfully effective in this hour. In the word of God there are scriptures that point to very important events, battles, and victories. At these particular times (the hour of that watch) conveyed significant events that could give us guidelines and strategies in prayer. In military terms “watch” was referred to as the time that various military personnel were to stand guard to make sure there were no surprise attacks from the approaching enemy. The watchman, in the word of God, was uniquely positioned so they could warn the city as to what was coming and to prepare the people before it arrived.
Many of God’s people are in watch mode in this hour. They are watching, waiting before the presence of the Lord. They are crying out before the Lord in prayer over their nations. I am going to share the two watches that the Lord spoke to me and instructed that they would be very significant in this hour. Prayer at whatever time we pray is always strategic whenever it is released. Let’s look at the following two watches—and they relate to the prayers that we should pray during this month of December.
God’s manifold wisdom carry within it His counsel concerning us, it includes His plan of redemption, it speaks into our destinies, and carries within it timing and manifestation of things to come. Let me qualify, there are many interpretations, versions, patterns on “watches.” I will be sharing the one guideline that I use and some of its strategies. I encourage you to pray for greater revelation, dig deeper, and ask God to teach you concerning prayer watches.
As you look closer in God’s word we see Jesus praying during the night before the Father. (Matthew 14:22-23, Mark 1:35, Luke 11:4, Mark 14:32, Luke 5:15-16 and more). Paul speaks of his time of watchings. (2 Corinthians 6:5, 2 Corinthians 11:27). These scriptures will enlighten you—encourage you to come closer to Him your time of prayer and consecration. Many of you are already watchmen on the wall. Let’s now pray for those learning about prayer watches. Because the Lord is raising up a powerful army of prayer warriors that are serious about the things of God and are ready to be deployed for duty in this hour.
The Prayer Strategy
December is the 12th month and we are approaching the year 2012. The Lord showed me a strategy that during (December) the 12th month that we should pray during the 2nd & 3rd watch hour. (They both contain midnight-the 12th hour.) The 2nd watch covers 9pm to 12am midnight. The 3rd watch covers 12am midnight and 3am. So we pray through this window of December that these things come to pass—In Jesus Name.
Praying through the 2nd Watch (9pm to 12am midnight)
At midnight Paul & Silas prayed and sang songs of praise. (Acts 23:23) Prayer and Praise will be a mighty weapon in the hands of the God’s people. This is a time to pray to break people free from bondages imposed by man and the enemy. Pray that in the month of December:
· We need to pray for our family members salvation—(the jailer and his family were saved.)
· Press in and pray for those who are incarcerated and are going through their most lonely times. Decree that some of the greatest revivals are going to occur in the prisons.
· Praying through the 2nd watch which includes the hour that the Egyptians gave the Children of Israel some of their possessions before they left Egypt. Only God can touch a people to render their substance to others, this was great favor. Pray for Israel’s favor and protection in this hour. Pray for favor to be released upon the people of God. Pray that those who need to transition from the place where they are to places of safety & deliverance, in December.
· Pray for the outpouring of prayer in our houses, our churches, our cities—pray for prayer revivals, prayer gatherings and that blankets & canopies of prayer will be released over the land and the people during December.
· Pray that God’s people would be awaken out of their slumber and come into the place of Gethsemane where prayer with Jesus will strengthen them. Pray for protection from trials and temptations that we might face in this hour.
· Pray that things that we need for the kingdom would be released in this hour. That as the supplies were gathered, for the building of the tabernacle in the wilderness, that the provision for the work of God will be released to feed, clothe and provide water, housing to people who will most need it in this month of December.
Praying through the third watch:
(12am midnight to 3am) in the month of Dec. 2011
· Pray that in the month of December people will come out of slumber and awaken to salvation, their destinies, their purposes as well as fulfillment of the work of the Kingdom. (There are several biblical references of slumber happened during midnight (Acts 20:7-12, Matthew 13:25, Ruth 3:1-10).
· This is a time of heighten level of satanic activity. Come against the spirit of violence & terrors in the night. Psalm 91—pray Ps 68:1 Let God arise and His enemies be scattered, let them also that hate him flee before him. Ps 68:4 Praise the name of the Lord. Ps 68:9 Pray down the rain of heaven. So much in that Psalm to pray forth in December.
· Pray that the leadership of God would come together to pray, break bread until the breaking of the day (even through the breaking into 2012). Pray in December that unity, commitment, fellowship, dedication for the work of God would supersede titles, and our own shortcomings. Pray for a divine intervention to come upon the people of God as they gather. Miracles, signs and wonders, (Act 20:7-12)
· Pray that the people of God hearts would turn towards the understanding of His righteous judgments, and his precepts. In the month of December. Pray that Israel’s heart would turn towards the Messiah in this hour. Pray to cover and protect Israel leadership and land in this time. (Psalms 119:62)
· Pray that the spirit of diligence that was upon Paul and the crew, the mercies of God that the men experienced getting through the perils of the night would be upon God’s people to help us in upcoming challenges that we face. (Acts 27:25-44) Speak to every storm of peril, terrorism attacks, violence upon our land in this month. Speak peace in Jesus name.
· Pray for a heighten level of consecration in prayer would come upon the people. (Mark 1:35) Jesus taught the disciples how to pray—there is a key for us in this one. (Luke 11:5) State your major cases before God in the court of heaven in December before 2012. There is so much you can pray through with the “The Lord Prayer” including emergency provisions for coming trouble, the important thing is the praying forth the Kingdom—that God’s Kingdom come, God’s will be done. (Luke 11).
· Pray for marriages to be healed and whole, for those who God has ordained to be married in this season, that we all come into a new revelation of the mystery of Christ and the church. Pray that in the midnight (whenever that might be) when the bridegroom comes—we would be ready & prepared to go out to meet Him. Please note that at midnight Boaz woke up at midnight and saw Ruth at his feet.
I have only scraped the surface but my prayer is that you will pray no matter what. If all of us would be on our watch and pray into various windows during various time zones, can you imagine the effects that could occur? The word of God is packed with events where men and women prayed and how mighty things begin to happen, shake, change even rendered help in the course and destinies of God’s people. Let’s not just pray, but pray through. Scriptures about watches: (Ex 14:24, Judges 7:19, 1 Samuel 11:11, Ps 90:4, Lam 2:19, Ps 119:148).
Special Note: Pray over all previous prayer notes especially for Nov.-Dec. Intercessors and watchmen have been feeling serious concerns for our nation. There has been growing concerns about acts of terrorism, war, preemptive strikes. Food crisis, water crisis, and even livestock have been areas of prayer. Acts of violence within our land is also a prayer concerns. Earthquakes are still a major concern, so we continue to pray.
I remember the Lord said that something would occur during this time that would have a serious effect on the political arena. The Lord told me that our economy is on a serious course and may not hold up throughout this month of December. There is something unforeseen that will possibly affect its present state.
We have a short to almost no window of time left to turn around our economy before 2012. The Word of the Lord Nov.—Dec. 2011 stated that by the end of November the nations would be at a point of confusion as to how to get the economy back on course. (The end of November 2011 we saw that actually play out.) We must pray and the God of Heaven will hear us and reveal to us divine instructions, ways of escape and reversals of the enemy’s devices.
Remember at midnight although the system had bound (Paul & Silas) but God shook that system to its core and that same system had to release them. It became a testimony to their victory. God prepared a door for them to come out of that which imprisoned them. Watch what God is preparing for us.
I now have a facebook page and a twitter account. To become part of my social network go to: www.facebook.com/phyllisfordministries and send me a friend request and I will be sure to accept. I will be posting prophetic notes on facebook.
You can also follow me on twitter @Prophet_Phyllis. I will be posting words of encouragement to both facebook and twitter.
A Personal Message from Prophet Phyllis Ford to all current subscribers:
I am personally asking you to stretch out in the area of giving and a sow a seed into this ministry—we are preparing to launch Apostolic Prophetic Leadership Ministry Training with schools of Apostolic Prophetic Ministry, Discipleship, Prayer Evangelism including Youth Ministries, with Live Streaming available. We are asking all of our subscribers to join us by sow a seed into this new work of the Lord. So many of you have emailed and shared how you have been impacted by the Lord’s prophetic releases from the West coast to the East coast from the Midwest region down to the south of the US to South Africa, Hong Kong to London and all the way to Israel—and many more. May God be glorified!!! Help the message of the Kingdom to continue. We encourage you to partnership with us as we continue to call out your names before the Lord. (We pray over all our subscribers.) We thank you and bless you in Jesus Name. May the blessings of the Lord God be mightily upon in this hour. May the Lord do exceedingly abundantly above that you may ask or think according to the power that works within us.