Thursday, September 9, 2010

A Little Lesson On Trust

A Little Lesson On Trust

Our loving Heavenly Father is working even when we do not see it. Our hearts are ever needing changed and transformation into His image takes place daily. Yes,we may be changed and saved for many years and the sanctification process may have had its work but there are still more changes within us that are necessary. Little by little He is changing me, from earthly things to the heavenly is a song that we sung years ago and it is so very true. Transformation from the inside out is taking place daily. There are those little things in our character that are being refined. The rough edges are being rubbed off and He is preparing us for eternity.

Now I do not know about you but the refining process in this fire seems a little hot right now. Yes, there are moments that my flesh is going ouch. My Spirit is so very willing for all the changes that are coming in the earth but My flesh screams. God touches this little thing. Then another and another. It seems like He is endlessly rearranging things so that we will trust only in Him.

The subject of trust in our Father is one that needs to be addressed. Are we truly trusting in God? Are you trusting Him in every area of your life? Finances are an area that can be difficult especially when the cheque is not in the bank as usual and you like bills paid on time. The bill collector may not be at the door but if you are one that likes all things done decently and in order then you understand what I am speaking about.

Earlier this week we received my husband's pay after a good wait before receiving it. Praise God! The dilemma was that he was here and the pay cheque was several thousand miles away and our son was working and could not deposit it though he had picked it up for him. Tonight I arose at 2am pondering how the cheque would get deposited.

Being a helpful wife I called my husband who just put his feet on the ground after a long flight and told him that I was glad he had landed. Then gently I let him know the cheque was not yet deposited. You see I was trusting God or perhaps not, in hoping praying that it would not get washed in our sons pant pocket when he did the laundry. My husband said he would deposit in the morning and to the Lord I said,"Father forgive me for not trusting in you".

You see, worry is sin. When we sin we need to repent as we are not trusting in our loving Heavenly Father.The Lord is working in each one of us in different ways but of one thing I am sure. We are all learning new lessons daily on how to trust our Father in heaven in an even greater way. Each one of these little lessons on trust is taking us deeper into TRUST so that we do not just mouth the words but truly believe our God loves us enough to provide our needs. Let us stand on His Word today and put total trust in Him. The Lord will supply all your need according to His riches in glory. Trust Him.

Matt 6:30-31 Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31 “Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ (NKJV)