Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Ministers Intercessors, Donkeys



Ministers Intercessors ,Donkeys
Ian Johnson

In a vision the Lord showed me a Pack donkey, It was scruffy and molting and in need of a good grooming and general attention. On its back was its load, it looked lost and disorientated. The place where I saw it was a wilderness and it was very dry.




I began to see the Donkey was fulfilling its calling, but was not taking time out to receive from the hand of its master. It was in a dry wilderness and at risk. So busy he didn't seem to realise that he was in such an unkempt state.



The Lord had earlier drawn my attention to Revelation 3 through a friend. The word began to resound in me as I thought of the Donkey.



Rev 3:17: Because you say, "I am rich, and have need of nothing" and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind,and naked.



Verse 18: I counsel you to buy from me Gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich, and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see.



The key words from this passage are:



"I counsel you" This is a direct instruction from Jesus, Its in red in my bible to alert us to its source.



To buy Gold: It may seem like a cost to your ministry to take more time out to obtain gold from the Lord. But we must.



Gold is an element of heaven, The streets are gold, the crystal sea in front of the throne has the appearance of gold. There's gold every where. The Lord has got lots of it. He says come buy it from me. Gold Is the Lords presence, put the burden down and pay the price to get the gold!



John Wesley (1703-1791) said; "I have so much to do that I spend several hours before the Lord before I am able to do it"



Francis De Sales (1567-1622) said; "even if you did nothing in your meditation before the Lord, but bring your heart back and place it again in the Lords presence, your time would be very well employed"



The Lords invitation to you today is "Come, put your load down and spend some time in my presence, buy some Gold from me.



Buy White garments:



White garments are the righteousness of the Lord. We get that by allowing the blood of Jesus to wash us moment by moment.

You can't earn your way to God; the price has already been paid. It's better to put down your load for a few moments and allow the blood to wash over you.



Charles Spurgeon 1834-1892) said; If you long for him, he much more longs for you. No sinner was ever half as eager for Christ as Christ for the sinner; if you are running to Christ, he has already come near you. If you sigh for his presence, that sigh is evidence that he is with you.



The Lords invitation is; "Come let me cloth your nakedness, the load of ministry will still be there tomorrow. Better to be a clean little donkey, than an obnoxious smelly little one."



Anoint your eyes that you may see.



Many ministries are operating on principles and programs and running round in never ending circles trying to get the job done. Most started out seeing the purpose of God and being totally excited by it. But now find themselves in a dry and barren place with no excitement or water in sight. Our lives are meant to be filled with supernatural revelation, our ministries driven by supernatural sight.



Psalm 27:4 One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek;That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and seek him in his temple.
 


No point in running here and there if you can't see your destination and have no idea which way to go.



The Lord says "Come put this eye salve on, then you will see your destination as you gaze with fresh eyes upon my beauty"



This is a very simple little word and an invitation from the Lord to come and be groomed in the royal stables. As I write I see a field of contented happy donkeys in green pastures and planted by still waters.



Rev 3:20 Behold I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with me.



It's our choice. We can be smelly obnoxious unkempt beasts of burden or we can be groomed beautiful possessions of the Lord. Our ministries will be far more effective if we take counsel from the Lord.



Choose the Lord He will not refuse to guide you and bring you into the fullness of all he has for you. Open the door and have some fellowship with Him. Your works are not your reward, Jesus is!



Few souls understand what God would accomplish in them if they were to abandon themselves unreservedly to Him and if they were to allow His grace to mould them accordingly. Ignatius Loyola.



IAN JOHNSON