Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Love Of The Father, The Love Of A Dad
by Patricia Hamel

I am ever grateful to God for the love of my earthly Dad who went to be with the Lord in February 2007. He was eighty one years young and on fire for Jesus till the morning he went home. He loved the Lord and the scriptures say that there are not many fathers but he was one of them. As I came down stairs and saw his photo today I said I must write this for those that have not been as fortunate in having a Dad.

My Dad and Mom were both saved the same day and subsequently a short time later received the baptism of the Holy Ghost on the same day. They did everything together and their marriage was one that was peaceful, and loving. The month after he went home they would have been married for sixty one years.

What stands out most about Dad is that he lived by example and lived what he preached. He was a true man of God.

There is something I would like to share with you. Even though you may not have had an earthly Dad or had one that was less than perfect there is one Father in Heaven that will love you through thick and thin.

One day I arrived at my parents door for a visit and on the door being opened both my parents were standing there. I had gone through a very difficult season and when I saw my Dad I started to cry and I just ran and threw myself into his arms and Mom stood beside him. I sobbed my little heart out and my Dad just held me and kept saying its okay its going to be all right. He was so kind and held me just like Jesus would have done. You see that day, Jesus was standing there in my Dad and truly it was Him comforting me and using my Dad to do so. I dried my eyes and in no time I was fine and Mom and Dad were so very kind.

I am sharing this to let you know that there is nothing quite like the Father's love. He will take you and love you, and comfort you when you need to be comforted. No earthly man can comfort you like the love of the Father. Jesus is standing here today and just waiting for you to come running to Him. Those of you that are hurting and in pain, come running to Him. Those of you that are brokenhearted and so disappointed come running to Him. There is nothing quite like the Fathers love. He will put a bandade on your hurts and wounds and heal you from the inside out. It will be a healing of your heart and a healing of the memories. Jesus is calling you to come to Him today and He will heal you every where you hurt.

God gave me a poem in 2000 and to prepare me for the time that my Dad would go home. I did not know then that 2007 was a year of completion and one that seven years later (also God's number) the Lord would take Him home. He was well up till the morning he died and had a few twinges in his chest. He told mom that he thought he should go to the hospital but said he would not drive and that they would take a taxi instead. He went into the bathroom to get ready and then called to out to Mom, call 911. She did and while on the phone with them he died on his knees the way he lived.

I used to tell my Daddy that I would preach his funeral and he told me that I would be too tearful to do so. smile. God gave me His grace to preach Dad's funeral and do the grave site service. We were able to lift our hands heavenward and in seeing the casket lowered to the ground worship the Lord. I knew a few there did not understand that Dad had not died but just changed addresses and gone home. He used to tell me that when he died he was not dying but only changing addresses. Thank you Jesus for the treasured memories.

Love in Jesus,
Patricia


The Finishing Touch

The Master finisher reaches out
with His nail scarred hand and
applies the finishing touch,
to the now older man who has served
Him so well, and has learned to
lean on Him much.
Each final stroke He makes, very
patiently, He cuts and chisels and
strokes and polishes each little flaw.
Ever so tender is the masters touch,
He misses not one of the flaws.
He stops and looks at it lovingly
his vessel He has formed.
Patiently, carefully He puts it
down,
Until that future morn.
When one last time,
In picking it up,
His reflection He now does see.
It's time now to bring My
vessel home, to My Fathers house
in Eternity.

Patricia Hamel (c) 2000